Collection and Use of Personal Data
We mainly collect personal data that we get directly from you:
- When you sign up for our GSI newsletters: your name and email address. GSI newsletters are sent every few weeks and contain news, updates and insights from the GSI. You can unsubscribe from these emails and therefore withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us on firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking unsubscribe at the bottom of the newsletter.
- When you contact us through the contact form: your name, email address, telephone (optional) and your communication with us.
We will store your personal data only for purposes of:
- Sending you our newsletters,
- Answering your questions through the contact form, and,
- Improving and optimizing our website.
The processing of your personal data is based:
- On your consent, e.g. when you subscribe to our newsletters. You can withdraw your consent for GSI to store your personal data at any time by contacting us at email@example.com or by clicking unsubscribe at the bottom of the newsletter.
- On our legitimate interests, e.g. to gather statistics on the usage of our website.
Disclosure of Personal Data
Global Salmon Initiative will not sell, share or rent your personal information to others except with your consent. We only share your information in order to provide a service you have requested; or to enable a third party to provide services to us (e.g. a mailing platform, a marketing or an IT service provider) and then only to provide those services. We also will disclose personal information to enforce our rights, to prevent fraud or when required by law, judicial process or other legal order to do so.
Some data may be stored or transferred outside the European Economic Area (EEA) for the purposes described above. It is possible that this transfer occurs via service providers established outside EEA territory or because data are stored on a server located outside or accessible outside the EEA.
In this respect, GSI is committed to ensuring an adequate level of protection for your data, in particular via an adequacy decision under article 45 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for the country to which data are transferred (including certifications under the EU-US Privacy Shield), by concluding standard contractual clauses under article 46.2 GDPR, or by any other appropriate safeguards.
Storage of your data
We keep the data we collect as long as necessary to provide our services and for the purposes described above. In doing so, we take into account the time that has passed since our latest contact with you.
In addition, you have the right to request a rectification of your data or the deletion of your data. You can send your request by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A cookie is a piece of data stored on your hard drive. Our cookies contain no personal information about you. Once you end your session by closing your browser, your cookie simply terminates. Among other things, cookies help keep track of data you have entered during the session for your convenience.
The Global Salmon Initiative website may include links to social media and other sites, not owned or managed by us to which different privacy policies may apply. We cannot be held responsible for the privacy of information collected by websites not managed by us.
Your rights as a data subject
You have a number of rights with regard to your personal data. Some of these rights may be subject to conditions or exceptions.
- You have a right of access to your data, a right to correct your data, a right to the erasure of your data, a right to limit the processing of your data and a right to ask the portability of your data.
- You also have a right to object to the processing of your data in general as well as to the processing of your data for direct marketing and profiling purposes. We provide a link to unsubscribe in every newsletter.
- If the processing of your data is based on consent, you also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without this affecting the legitimacy of the processing done prior to the withdrawal of your consent.
You can send your request by e-mail to email@example.com. To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before processing your request.
In accordance with article 77 of the GDPR, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority of your habitual residence, your place of work or the place of an alleged infringement of the GDPR.
Changes to this policy
This policy was last updated May 2018.
If you have any questions about this policy, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this site, please contact AXON Communications Inc., an AVENIR GLOBAL company who act as the Secretariat for the GSI via firstname.lastname@example.org or at the address: AXON Communications, 160 Blackfriars Road, London, SE1 8EZ.