Addressing common myths in salmon farming
There can be a lot of confusing information available when reading about farmed salmon and the Global Salmon Initiative (GSI) wants to be sure that the most accurate information is available. The GSI Clear Waters project is your go-to resource for accurate, myth-busting information on salmon farming.
- European Food Safety Authority. EFSA provides advice on the safety and nutritional contribution of wild and farmed fish.
- American Heart Association. Fish and Omega-3 Fatty Acids.
- USDA. Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2015-2020.
- L. B. Jardine et al. Mercury comparisons between farmed and wild Atlantic salmon and Atlantic cod.
- M. D. L. Easton. Preliminary examination of contaminant loadings in farmed salmon, wild salmon and commercial salmon feed
- B. C. Kelly et al. Mercury and other trace elements in farmed and wild salmon from British Columbia, Canada
- FAO. Joint FAO/WHO expert consultation on the risks and benefits of fish consumption