The Global Salmon Initiative (GSI) hosted a seminar as part of the AQUASUR 2016 conference, titled ‘Shaping the Future’. Here leading industry and scientific experts shared their insights and experiences in sustainable development in the food sector, and also shared their thoughts on how the aquaculture sector can meet its future potential through improved performance in sustainability.
For access to the presentations shared at the seminar, please click on the links below.
Welcome and Program presentation. Sady Delgado, GSI Co-Chair
Session 1: Looking at the future through the 3 pillars of sustainability – economic (the growing marketplace for protein), social, and environmental
- Rob Heithoff, Group Director, Cargill Aqua Nutrition: What can the seafood sector learn from other proteins like pork, chicken, and beef when it comes to “go to market”?
- Gorjan Nikolik, Rabobank: Why sustainability should be the main advantage of aquaculture
- Mike McCarty, Elanco: How salmon industry could achieve all its potential based on the experiences of other industries.
Session 2: Setting the course – what the industry can and needs to do in order to realize future potential
- Gabrielle Walker, Climate Change and Energy Consultant: The context, challenge and opportunity for sustainability in business
- Ricardo Bosshard, WWF: The industry new goals and efforts. Is it enough?
- Avrim Lazar: What is the GSI doing, and planning to do to realize the future potential. What opportunities and challenges lie ahead.
Session 3: How to get there
Discussion Panel conducted by Amaro Gomez Pablos
- Ricardo Bosshard
- Per Grieg
- Victor Hugo Puchi
- Avrim Lazar